About Ann Nkatha
Ann has served both the private and public sector as a legal officer. Prior to joining the Firm, she served as the Principal Legal Officer of the Tharaka Nithi County Government, thereby, gaining a wealth of experience that has been of immense benefit to the Firm. She is a Certified Public Secretary (CPS-K) and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) with accounting and auditing skills. As at now she is the Firm’s Associate stationed in the Meru Branch.
Currently, some of the assignments that she undertakes include rendering professional legal advice, drafting policy and legislations, negotiating contracts and drafting of different types of legal documents, particularly, in the Corporate & Commercial Law, Legal Audit & Compliance, Legislative Drafting & Policy Formulation Departments.
As a Certified Public Secretary and Accountant, she ensures that the Firm offers unmatched company secretarial services to our clients ranging from the incorporation of companies and trusts, partnerships , registration of societies, registration of business names, registration and incorporation of Non-Governmental Organizations, corporate restructuring of Companies, and advising on the regulatory regime thereof, registration and incorporation of Co-operative Societies as well as advising on the regulatory framework. She has been at the forefront of a majority of the Corporate & Company Secretarial Services undertaken by the firm.
Some of her noteworthy assignments include giving professional legal advice to the Tharaka Nithi County Executives in the drafting of the Tharaka Nithi Climate Change Fund Bill, Tharaka Nithi County E–Waste Management Bill, Tharaka Nithi County Charcoal Bill, Tharaka Nithi County Urban Agriculture Promotion and Regulation Bill, Tharaka Nithi County Traffic and Management Bill, Tharaka Nithi County Tourism Bill and Tharaka Nithi County Reproductive Health Bill for the County Assembly.
- Corporate & Commercial Law
- Legal Audit & Compliance
- Legislative Drafting & Policy Formulation
- Principal Legal Officer- Tharaka Nithi County Government
- Associate Advocate- Toyota Kenya
- Associate Advocate- Munga Kibanga & Company Advocates
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) – University of Nairobi
- Postgraduate Diploma- Kenya School of Law
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK)
- Member of the Institute of Certified Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)